Clean Slate Society Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cleanslate Constitution

Go down 
5 posters

What do you think?
I think you've nailed it as our constitution.
Cleanslate Constitution Vote_lcap0%Cleanslate Constitution Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
After a few modifications, it's ideal.
Cleanslate Constitution Vote_lcap40%Cleanslate Constitution Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Maybe, after extensive modification.
Cleanslate Constitution Vote_lcap20%Cleanslate Constitution Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
No way!
Cleanslate Constitution Vote_lcap40%Cleanslate Constitution Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
NoMoreLies

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Cleanslate Constitution Empty
PostSubject: Cleanslate Constitution   Cleanslate Constitution Icon_minitime01.06.09 10:14

Here is my proposal for a constitution. Words in brackets are words beign used until better words can be found.

Preamble

We, the people of the [CSCS], define our rights and systems of government here in our constitution.

Rights

The [CSCS] recognizes the basic rights of humans being:

1. The right not to be harmed. Harm is defined as something which causes them pain, or unneccersary change to their mental or physical state.

2. The right not to be interfered with, unless it is justified by the above right.

3. The right to do anything that does not violate the rights of other people, as defined above.

Government system

The [federal] government is given the power to enforce the rights of the citizens, as laid out in the constitution, and no more. All powers not expressly granted to the [federal] government are granted to the [states], and shall be decided by direct democracy in those states.

What do you think? It requires a few modifications, but if we keep it short and concise it will be easy for the citizens to read. Once we get the constitution sorted, we can actually start doing something.
Back to top Go down
NoMoreLies

PostSubject: Re: Cleanslate Constitution   Cleanslate Constitution Icon_minitime01.06.09 10:18

I voted the second option, by the way. I realise it's only a draft.
Back to top Go down
NoMoreLies

PostSubject: Re: Cleanslate Constitution   Cleanslate Constitution Icon_minitime01.06.09 10:36

I'm hoping to keep it within a few pages; all that I think needs defining is 'harm', 'human being', and 'unneccesary'. Anything else?

The judicials system, crimes, and punishments would be laid out in a seperate document, as would the way of funding the government and the use of military force.

Once we have a constitution agreed, we can get to work on those other important documents.
Back to top Go down
Redsand11j

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Cleanslate Constitution   Cleanslate Constitution Icon_minitime01.06.09 13:42

I voted "No way!", but only because I think it is far too early to be making a constitution. We haven't even agreed on what the government should be like yet.

Therefore, I say that any constitution is premature.
Back to top Go down
NoMoreLies

PostSubject: Re: Cleanslate Constitution   Cleanslate Constitution Icon_minitime23.07.09 5:35

Any other opinions?
Back to top Go down
webtaz99

webtaz99

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Cleanslate Constitution   Cleanslate Constitution Icon_minitime14.11.09 22:28

Rights, rights, rights. What about responsibilities?
Back to top Go down
Mike
Admin

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2006-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Cleanslate Constitution   Cleanslate Constitution Icon_minitime16.11.09 21:53

Hey guys. I think we'd better start concentrating on the issue of increasing the sites exposure before we start comitting to these things. We have like what, 5 active members? At most? C'mon dudes, lets put our thinking caps on ;-)
Back to top Go down
https://cleanslate.editboard.com
khanofmongols

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Cleanslate Constitution   Cleanslate Constitution Icon_minitime03.06.10 13:55

"2. The right not to be interfered with, unless it is justified by the above right."

I think that it would be advisable to expand this to situations in which there is a "race to the bottom". For example, if a state lowers their regulation standards then they get more buisnesses to come to their state. If every state does this then the regulations will cease to exist but no net buissness gain will occur which isn't desireable.

In summary, one of government's responsibilities is to avoid undesireable Nash Equilibria with apporiate measures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleanslate Constitution   Cleanslate Constitution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleanslate Constitution
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clean Slate Society Forum :: Discussion :: General Topics-
Jump to: